Thursday, January 17, 2008

"you guys"

So, on Tuesday, I was hanging out with who I lovingly refer to the "DC ladies," Katy, Rebecca, and Jamie. They are three of my fellow YAMs (Young Adult Missionary) in the US-2 program. (Which means they will be in the US for 2 years-their placements are in DC) I noticed myself saying "you guys" this and "you guys that." I've always used this phrase no matter if I'm talking to males or females. Why is that? Is it a regional thing or is it just me? I cringe inside whenever I say it, I always have. But I don't seem to be able to stop myself from saying it. Not that it's some nasty phrase or curse word, but why would I say "you guys" to three ladies? Hmmm...I guess this is something I'll have to work on. Maybe speaking Spanish for a year will cure me of it.

BTW, technicalities have been worked out and I'm definitely leaving on Tuesday.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You'll now be saying ELLOS not ellos y ellas.......hehe.