Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Amazing

I would like to thank everyone for the support and prayers while I am here in New York City. I cannot begin to put into words how amazing it is to be here with other people that have the same or similar passions that I do. Hearing people's stories and sharing my own, we all come from different walks in life, but we were all led here. This has and is going to be a completely transforming experience and I have never in my life felt so strongly that I am doing what I should be doing, without a single doubt in my mind, heart, or soul, this is where God wants me. It is both amazing and humbling.

On Sunday, June 17th Pastor Jenn and Pastor Dave at Westminster UMC commisioned me as a way of showing support from the church that I went to growing up and where I first learned what it meant to "serve" through my experiences on Volunteers In Mission trips. (my official commissioning is on July 15). Here's a picture of Jenn and I:



And here's a picture of Mom, Uncle Jimmy, Aunt Sherry, and Gaggy (grandmother):


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wonderful writing Beth. I am so proud of you. Love, Mom

Please call Granny today Thursday!!

Anonymous said...

DEAR BETH,
I WANTED TO WRITE YOU TO SAY HOW VERY PROUD IAM OF YOU ALSO WE ALL MOVE ON IN OUR LIFE AND WE ALL DO NEW THINGS IN OUR LIFE.GOD IS ALWAYS WITH YOU AND HE NEVER LEAVES YOU.TRUST IN HIM ALWAYS WHERE EVER YOU MAY BE.I MISS YOU BETH BUT LIKE I SAID IAM SO VERY PROUD OF YOU THAT YOU ARE MOVING ON AND YOU HAVE A NEW JOB.FROM GRETCHEN COOPER
TARGET COMMUNITY AND EDUCATIONAL SERVICES CSLA PROGRAM.

Anonymous said...

BETH,
THIS IS ME GRETCHEN COOPER'S MOM SUSIE AND BRUCE COOPER WE WANTED TO SAY WE ARE SO VERY PROUD OF YOU THAT YOU ARE MOVING ON WITH YOUR DREAM OF YOUR LIFE.GOD IS WATCHING OVER YOU AND HE WILL KEEP YOU SAFE.WE ARE PRAYING FOR YOU AND THINKING ABOUT YOU EACH AND EVERYDAY.FROM SUSIE AND BRUCE COOPER TARGET CSLA PROGRAM.
P.S.WE ALSO WANTED TO SAY THANKS SO MUCH FOR ALL YOU DID FOR GRETCHEN.IF YOU NEED ANYTHING PLEASE CALL US.KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK.YOU ARE A SPECIAL FRIEND OF OUR'S.

Anonymous said...

this is cynthia and gretchen we wanted to say e-mail us.have a good day today.we miss you.

from gretchen and cynthia