Monday, June 25, 2007

Finally

Well, I'm finally in New York. My life has been so busy up until now that it doesn't seem real that I'm actually here. We met as a group for the first time yesterday at dinner. There's 2 MIRYAP's(Missionary in Residence of Young Adult Programs-they are leading us), 9 Mission Interns(my program) and 8 US-2's(2 years in the U.S.) After dinner we got our schedules and although we do have down time, we are going to be very busy. My "down time" usually consists of being with a small group of people b/c I'm extroverted and get rejuventated by being around others. However, I may actually need my own down time during these three weeks.

Yesterday, as part of introductions, we picked a quote and explained while we liked it. I picked one by Mahatma Gandhi that means a lot to me because it describes my restlessness, my desire to not be sitting around dreaming and thinking about injustices in the world, but actually doing something about it. I feel that God has call me, has been calling me for a while and I can't ignore it anymore. The quote was: "Be the change you want to see in the world." And with that I will quote Mother Teresa: "In this life we cannot do great things. We can only do small things with great love."

No comments: